As set forth in the Society’s By-Laws and Certificate of Incorporation, the following are the Society’s missions:
- To establish and maintain high standards of professional education and practice.
- To promote post-graduate and/or advanced training in clinical social work practice, teaching, administration and research.
- To promote clinical social work throughout the state through the formation of local chapters.
- To coordinate the activities of all the chapters and serve as liaison between them.
- To collaborate with other professionals on national, state and local levels in furthering our common interests and goals and to establish liaison with appropriate governmental bodies.
- To collaborate with other social work and clinical social work organizations in order to address issues of mutual concern, to further our common goals and to provide a voice for clinical social work.
- To inform the general public of the specialized skills of clinical social workers.
- To protect the rights of clinical social workers to practice that for which they are trained.